Rx4Good Presenting Caregiver Factor Survey Findings at DIA
On Thursday, June 28, Rx4good President Ann Moravick will be presenting topline findings from the Caregiver Factor Survey on a panel at the annual Drug Information Association (DIA) meeting. The panel, “Beyond Adult Patients, Untapped Advisors in Clinical Development in Clinical Development: Adolescent, Parents, Siblings, and Spouses,” is chaired by Jennifer Helfer, PhD, MA, (Patient Advocacy, bluebird bio) and includes the following speakers and topics:
- 2017-2018 National Rare Diseases Caregiver Survey Findings
C. Grace Whiting, JD, President & CEO, National Alliance for Caregiving
- Establishing a European Network of Young Persons Advisory Groups to Increase the Involvement in Pediatric Clinical Research
Begonya Nafria Escalera, MEd, Patient Advocacy Coordinator at Hospital Sant Joan de Déu, Spain
- What’s Love Got to Do with It? Illuminating the Caregiver Treatment Journey
Ann Moravick, President, Rx4good
We are finalizing the full Caregiver Factor research report now, and will make it available later this summer. As a result of the collective efforts of a terrific group of partners, our data have strong representation across diverse disease categories, reflecting many caregiver experiences and perspectives, giving us a much greater understanding of the caregiver medical journey and what it involves.
Some key findings include:
- 91% percent of respondents say they are very involved in medical decisions
- Caregivers accompanied their care recipient on visits to healthcare providers an average of 17 times over the past year
- 40% percent of caregivers say their involvement has increased significantly in the past year
The panel will take place on Thursday from 9:00am – 10:15am, in Room 209 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, 415 Summer Street, Boston, Mass.